Palazzo della Ragione (also called Salone) was ancient seat of Padua Courts and is now part of Town Hall. It was built starting in 1218 and raised in 1306 by Giovanni l'Eremita, who gave him the cover feature in the shape of inverted ship's hull. The upper floor is occupied by the largest hanging room in the world, "Salone" (81m x 27m), frescoed with a great astrological cycle subject completed around 1440 and based on the studies of Pietro d'Abano, a follower of Averroes. The paintings, made by Nicola Miretto and Stefano da Ferrara, takes place in the three upper bands of the walls. In the living room a giant wooden horse is preserved as Renaissance copy of Monument to Gattamelata by Donatello, and two Egyptian sphinxes brought 800 by Giovanni Battista Belzoni. Salone divides the two large Squares of Herbs and Fruits, market locations, and along its parallel tunnels, are placed features food shops. The covered walkway between the two squares is called Volto della Corda, because the rope used in Middle Ages to punish traders who cheated on the measures.