Among the major monasteries of Christianity, this Basilica, rebuilt in the sixteenth century, it is still one of the largest buildings in the world. The grandeur of the building is measured by Prato della Valle, which is overlooked. Entire complex is owned by Italian State. Inside, in addition to famous works by Paolo Veronese, Sebastiano Ricci and Corbarelli family, they are venerated the relics of several Saints. Along the aisles there are twelve smaller chapels with a square layout, six on each side. Twenty-six large pillars support the roof with vaulted ceilings and a cruise lit eight domes covered with lead. Incomplete facade stands on a short staircase leading to three portals. The main altar is a very fine work made between 1637 and 1643 by Pietro Paolo Corbarelli on designed by Giovan Battista Nigetti. On either sides organ case and choir stalls in Mannerist style made of gilded and polychrome wood, decorated with statues and caryatids, completed in 1653 on designs by Ambrogio Dusi, balance grand organ in the Corinthian style that looms on the bottom of apse by Giovanni Manetti, designed by Michele Sanmicheli. Monumental walnut wooden choir is one of the most important examples of sixteenth cabinet. St. Luke's Chapel is accessible by a sixteenth-century door and was the object, in the fifteenth century, a long decorative campaign which included famous "Altarpiece of St. Luke" by Andrea Mantegna, shovel subtracted from the city during Napoleonic occupation and exposed today in Brera.