Grosseto, MUSEO ARCHEOLOGICO E D' ARTE DELLA MAREMMA c
Architecture

Museo archeologico e d'arte della Maremma

Baccarini, 3, Grosseto

The birth of the museum dates back to 1865 and is linked to the figure of Canon Giovanni Chelli, who began to have the library open to the public from him various antiques. In 1933, thanks to another clergyman, A. Cappelli, was opened the Museum of Sacred Art. In 1975 the two museums were united in its present location thanks to an agreement between the City and the Diocese. Closed in 1992 for renovations, the Museum was reopened on March 21, 1999 as renewed.

Potrebbero interessarti