c
Religious building

Santuario della Gran Madre di Dio

Via Agostino Berenini, 2, Fidenza, (Parma)

Raised between 1710 and 1722 on the project by Father Stefano Maria Bramieri as a church annexed to College of Jesuits, Baroque style building was sacrificed in 1806 following Napoleonic suppression of religious orders and converted into a warehouse and grain store. Restored between 1948 and 1950, it was re-opened to worship as a parish of San Michele Arcangelo and raised to a sanctuary in 1957. The facade and interior show Baroque features common to many churches raised by Society of Jesus at the beginning of the eighteenth century.

Potrebbero interessarti