Luogo - Historical building
Where Piazza Garibaldi, 1, Fidenza (Parma)
Built in Gothic-Lombard style between 1273 and 1354, Palazzo Comunale, partially destroyed in 1527 by Spanish and French troops, was rebuilt in 1570. The facade was rebuilt in neo-Gothic style in 1875, on the design by Girolamo Magnani set designer, while the lateral wings were raised in 1905 and finally the backside was completed in 1915 in continuity with the main prospect. In front of the palace is the obelisk dedicated to Giuseppe Garibaldi.