Piazzetta Mons. Guglielmo Motolese, Crispiano, (Taranto)
This is the museological section of the “Carlo Natale” Civic Library, set in the eighteenth-century church of Santa Maria, located in the rocky area of Crispiano and the rocky ridge of ‘Vallone Li Castelli’ and represents one of the most interesting monuments which the town preserves. It was rebuilt on the ruins of an ancient medieval abbey in 1300 with an apse and decorated with frescoes. It also holds the crypt of Santa Maria di Crispiano recently recovered by the Pro-Loco Association and is open to visitors, with frescoes from the XII-XIII c. depicting the Virgin and Child, St. Nicholas and St. Michael the Archangel.