The ancient baptismal church of San Donato is located just about two km down south of Cittadella along the road that leads to Padova. This ancient place of worship turnt into the first Christian church of a large district as from the sixth century on, playing a key role all the way through 1376 when the larger cathedral in Cittadella took over its functions. The church is a medieval building with apse and was built with pebbles from the river Brenta just like the city walls of Cittadella. The interior is divided in 3 naves and covered with a truss roof. One can admire frescoes from the 14th century and Longobard findings.
via S. Donato
9-12 / 15:30 – 18:30