Luogo - Religious building
CHIESA E CONVENTO DI SAN FRANCESCO
Where Piazza della Chiesa, Castel di Ieri (L'Aquila)
Founded in 1288 along with the adjacent church of Saint Francis, adorned with a magnificent cycle of frescoes, the convent includes the Sacred Art Museum, which contains precious reliquaries, a valuable altar-cross dated 1403 and the so called Pasquarella, a silver statue representing the Virgin with the Child and two angels, which the Counts of Celano donated to the church. The Archaeological Museum adjoining the convent exhibits interesting finds from the ancient area of Superaequum.