c
Comune

Portoscuso

Portoscuso, (Carbonia-Iglesias)

Portoscuso, Portu de Scusi in sardinian language, is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Carbonia-Iglesias in the Italian region Sardinia, located about 75 kilometres (47 mi) west of Cagliari and about 14 kilometres (9 mi) northwest of Carbonia. The languages used here is Italian and Sardinian Campidanese. Portoscuso borders the following municipalities: Carbonia, Gonnesa, San Giovanni Suergiu. The town originated a hamlet inhabited by tuna and coral fishermen. It became a comune in 1853. Notable sights include the Spanish Tower, the church of Madonna d'Itria and Arsenal (known as Su Pranu). The town is extremely proud of its famous tuna fishery and is restoring the original buildings. At Portoscuso, there is Sulcis Power Station, the largest power station of Sardinia, whose chimney is the tallest man-made structure on Sardinia. See also Portoscuso Wind Farm References External links Official website Tuttitalia

Places