Artemio Franchi Stadium is the main football stadium in Florence, and one of the most important and the main Italian stadiums, home of the internal meetings of the ACF Fiorentina. The structure, located in the Campo di Marte district was built between 1930 and 1932, by Pier Luigi Nervi. It is an example of Italian Rationalism, full of innovative and futuristic elements for its time, as the shelter without intermediate supports, the spiral staircases and Maratona Tower. The main entrance was designed by Alessandro Giuntoli. The Stadium, which seats 43.234 spectators, is the fifth Italian stadium to capacity. It was the site of some football matches of the World Cup of 1934, the Olympics of 1960 and the European Championship of 1968, as well as other international meetings. In the late eighties, it was restored by lowering the pitch and elimination of the athletics track. The Maratona Tribuna, largely covered, is the central forum; the historical Curva Fiesole, oriented towards the hilltop town of the same name, is the sector that brings together the organized cheering Florentine; while the opposite Curve, Ferrovia, that is because oriented on the Florence Campo Marte Railway Station.