Luogo - Religious building

Santuario di Santa Maria dell'Aiuto

Where Via Consolato della Seta, 38, Catania

It is a building built in the seventeenth century, interesting destination for religious tourism because of the play of the House of Loreto inside. The Church was built after the earthquake of 1693 on the ruins of Saints Peter and Paul's Church, designed by Antonino Battaglia. In the nineteenth century it ended the facade and the bell tower with clock. The facade has a large staircase and is on two rows of columns with Corinthian capitals and festoons. On the door is a shield with a marble statue of Our Lady of Help. Inside, the ceiling is decorated with gilded stucco and Marian symbols. The high altar houses the icon of St. Mary of Help, other important paintings surmount the four side altars.

Immagine descrittiva -,_XVIII_sec.).jpg c
Risparmia sul tuo hotel -

Potrebbero interessarti