Museo della ceramica di Bassano del Grappa
The Ceramic Museum from 1992 is located inside the Sturm Palace, a beautiful 16th century house that welcomes the visitors with a ionic pronaos and a hall of honor frescoed in 1765 by Giorgio Anselmi. The thick stucco decoration that adorns some rooms can be considered one of the most important Rococo decorations in Veneto. The collection of pottery, porcelain and pottery pieces (about 1200 pieces) is displayed chronologically: from the medieval pottery to the Manardi’s maiolica (17th - 18th century); the most important evidence is the Antonibon family’s production (18th - 19th century). The large veranda offers an appropriate space for eclectic ceramic, while in the old kitchen popular plates are displayed and in the lower floor there are several works from many famous international artists. The Museum has been enlarged in 2010 thanks to Marquis Roi’s donation.