The construction of the Castle, built in a strategic position on the rock overlooking the Medieval village of Apricale, dating from the tenth century. Built by the Counts of Ventimiglia as a defense, then passed to the Doria, the lords of Dolceacqua (1276), which was enlarged and strengthened, and rectum for five centuries. Rebuilt with reduced military functions, passed to the Savoy in 1634; it was sold in 1806 to Stefano Cassini, who started the transformation into a private residence. The facade was flanked originally by two square towers, the foundations of which are still visible. The survivor, was transformed into the bell tower of the Parish Church. The original configuration remains a high wall in stone, that the side facing the church has a double row of round arches. Further changes date from the early twentieth century, when the new owner, Fruttuoso Cassini, erected a massive wall to further realize the roof garden inside. After a period of decline, the complex was purchased by the City and undergone restoration. Today houses the Museum of the History of Apricale and art exhibitions and cultural events.