VIA PALÙ, 4, Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, (Bolzano/Bozen)
This interesting building was originally a medieval defensive and residential tower. The rooms have been decorated with historical furnishings and frescoes from around 1400. Of particular interest is the portrayal of the 'War of the Cats and Mice' (from around 1410). The museum came into being thanks to the foundation of the local businessman Walter Amonn, who in 1983 donated the castle and his art collection of Tyrolean artists from the first half of the 20th cen.