Luogo - Museum
Museo dell'Olio d'Oliva di Fasano
Where Contrada S. Angelo, 5, Alberobello (Bari)
The manor farm, known as the "Abbey of San Lorenzo", dates back to the twelfth century and originates from the rock installation of Lama of San Lorenzo. On the left of the building stands out an impressive crenellated tower. In the thirteenth century it became property of the Santo Stefano monastery of Monopoli while in the fourteenth century it became the property of the cardinal. Until 1665 it was a grange of the abbey of the St. Nicholas Greek monks in Casole, Otranto. In 1693 the property was passed to the Imperial Cardinal who built the church by introducing the cult of St. Lawrence Martyr. Since 1798, the farm is owned by the Colucci-Amati family. The house, built with tuff from the Murgia area, is located on the right of the building and is the oldest part of the farm (16th century). In front of the farmer house is the restored building of an old mill from the eighteenth century and the Museum of Olive Oil with various tools for olive processing, while behind the building there is an old citrus grove.