The "Medlar's Hous" Museum is housed in an old house in the historic center of Acitrezza, near the St. Jhon's Church. The architecture is a typical Sicilian half of the nineteenth century, with a courtyard, a small garden and the entrance marked by a lava stone arch to all sixth. The interior is divided into two rooms: the first, the hall "The earth trembles", collects photographs, posters and various testimonies of the cinematic eponymous masterpiece by Luchino Visconti, filmed in Acitrezza in 1947, with a cast of actors chosen entirely among the inhabitants of the small village. The second, the "Malavoglia's Room", homes to the world evidence of the fishermen of the mid-nineteenth century, with a collection of ancient tools and everyday objects. Interesting the photos taken personally by Giovanni Verga and the collection of letters to his brother Peter.
Every day from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm; 5:00/9:00 pm.