The Citadel of the Carnival was inaugurated in 2001 and is the largest Italian citadel dedicated to the masks. It includes laboratories for manufacturers, the hangars where the floats are built and maintained, two Museums and a Documentary Historical Center. The complex, which runs along the Aurelia and includes sixteen sheds-laboratory and other functional buildings, set around an elliptical square that also serves as an arena for shows and events. The workshops offer an educational course for schools. The "Museum of the Carnival of Viareggio", at whose entrance there is a statue of Burlamacco by Uberto Bonetti (1930) offers three itineraries: a roundup of model winners of the latest editions of the Carnival; a number of message boards with original works of artists (including Enrico Pranpolini, Lucio Venna, Moses Levy and Uberto Bonetti); an educational section dedicated to the realization of works in papier mache. The "Study Centre" aims to collect, preserve and exhibit the historical documents of the Carnival of Viareggio, organized in an archive that includes projects, pictures and books related to the event.