Bagno Balena c
Historical building

Bagno Balena

Viale Regina Margherita, 42, Viareggio, (Lucca)

Built at the end of the nineteenth century, the Whale Bath appeared as a building made entirely of wood, characterized by large arch placed at the main entrance. With the passage of the waterfront to the Maritime Domain of the City, the area was reorganized and in 1928, designed by architect Alfredo Belluomini in Eclectic style, was built a new grand masonry entrance: one of the finest examples of late Liberty in Viareggio, with notched ring, barrel vault and geometric decorations byGalileo Chini. The buildings on the back were built a little later, as services of the bathhouse (currently used as a restaurant); while, the plant "U" of the main body has shops and apartments.

Potrebbero interessarti