Montefiore dell'Aso, in the province of Ascoli Piceno, is located overlooking the ridge that divides the valleys of Aso and Menocchia. Some findings testify to its population already in Prehistoric times, establishing itself in Roman times, as shown by the centuriations of the land and the necropolis of the first and second century AC. During Middle Ages, the town became extinct on five hills, Menalo, Baraffio, Castello, Vittorino and Aspromonte, reported on the municipal coat of arms. The center of Montefiore still retains large original features of the walls, with doors and six defensive towers. Church of San Francesco, in Romanesque-Gothic style, was built in 1303 (the date is reported on original portal), but was restructured and changed orientation in 1600. Inside are sepulchral monument of Cardinal Gentile Partino's parents, built in 1310, and the tomb of Montefioriano painter and engraver Adolfo De Carolis; at the entrance, there are the fourteenth-century frescoes by Master of Offida with scenes from the life of Christ. The adjoining convent is now home to Museum Complex. Collegiate Church of Santa Lucia, patron saint of Montefiore, rebuilt in the 19th century, features a wooden choir, a seventeenth century holy water font and frescoes by the painter Luigi Fontana from Marche, as well as a reliquary from the 1700 containing Santa Lucia's finger. Church of San Filippo Neri, dating back to 1600, consists of a church, convent and oratory. New museum itinerary winds through conventual rooms of ancient Franciscan complex, from the end of the 13th century, and includes several sections: "Sala Carlo Crivelli", "Adolfo De Carolis Museum", modern section on "Domenico Cantatore", "Museum of the peasant civilization" and "Giancarlo Basili" scenographic documentation center. Montefiore is also known for its traditional Carnival and Infiorata of Corpus Domini.