Sambuca di Sicilia, of Arab origins, taken in 1863 the addition of Zabut from the name of ancient castle so named by the emir Zabut. The town, which is part of National Association of Wine Cities and Union of Municipalities "Terre Sicane", is included in the club of "The most beautiful villages in Italy", the association of small Italian centers that stand out for their great artistic, cultural and historical relevance, for the harmony of urban fabric, livability and services to citizens. Sambuca could be the name of a Greek musical instrument, similar to the harp, which recalls the system of historical center of the town and which is depicted on the emblem of the Municipality. Around 1800 in Sambuca there is a group of intellectuals, including Emanuele Navarro della Miraglia. The literary salon of this small center gives rise to discussions on art and literature: from the correspondence between Navarro and Luigi Capuana it seems that Verismo was born here. Today, witnessing fervent and lively bourgeoisie of the time remains the theater of '800: miniature jewel still active and working. Many styles have intertwined and of many epochs Sambuca is a witness and preserves the signs: on Monte Adranone rises archaeological complex of the IV century B.C. and ancient Arab farmhouse in the holiday area. Baroque facades and palaces of the nineteenth century mingle with a historical center of Arab origin, whose most vivid expressions are "li Setti Vaneddi" (seven alleys of Saracens), Chiesa Matrice and Belvedere Terrace, remains of ancient Castello dell'Emiro. The seventeenth-century Palazzo Panitteri (near Ethnoanthropological Museum), Palazzo dell'Arpa (Town Hall) and Palazzo Ciaccio, Church of Carmine, with the marble statue of Gagini school of Madonna of Hearing, Patroness of Sambuca, are also important Church of San Michele Arcangelo, with the equestrian fercolo in wood of San Giorgio that pierces the dragon. Outside historic center, there are ancient towers of Pandolfina and Cellaro and Fortino di Mazzallakkar, of which the towers emerge in the summer months, when the level of Arancio Lake lowers. "Palazzo Panitteri" Archaeological Museum was inaugurated in 2013 and collects valuable findings from archaeological site of Monte Adranone. Emblem of Museum is Demeter from Belle Chiome. Also worth visiting is Sylvie Clavel Museum of Textile Sculptures, "Opera Exemplae" Museum, Fra Felice da Sambuca and "Istituto Gianbecchina" Art Gallery.