Point of interest

Piazza Quattro Canti

Piazza Vigliena, Palermo

The "Quattro Canti", Four Corners (or Vigliena Square) is the name of an octagonal square, where the two main roads of Palermo: Via Maqueda and Corso Vittorio...

Point of interest

Piazza e Fontana Pretoria

Piazza Pretoria, Palermo

Pretoria Square is located on the edge of the Kalsa district. In 1573, to make way for the monumental fountain purchased by the Senate of Palermo from Luigi from...

Religious building

San Giuseppe dei Teatini

Via Maqueda, 174-200, Palermo

In 1612, the Teatini, religious order founded by St. Cajetan, they built a Church on the site in which was St. Elias's Church at Jewish Gate, consecrating it to...

Religious building

Chiesa di San Cataldo

Piazza Bellini, Palermo

The St. Cataldo's Church is entrusted to the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem. Founded by Maione of Bari between 1154 and 1160, the building was...

Religious building

Cattedrale di Palermo

Via Vittorio Emanuele, Palermo

The Metropolitan Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Assumption is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Palermo. The first church was built in...

Religious building

Chiesa di Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio o La Martorana

Piazza Bellini, 3, Palermo

Church of St. Mary's Admiral, known as "Martorana", overlooking the Bellini Square, in Palermo. Among the most fascinating Byzantine churches in Italy, is testament...

Theatre

Teatro Massimo

Piazza Verdi, 455, Palermo

The Massimum Theater of Palermo is the largest opera theater building in Italy and one of the largest in Europe: reception rooms, halls, galleries and monumental...

Religious building

Chiesa di San Domenico

Piazza San Domenico, Palermo

St. Dominic's Church is the second in importance after the Cathedral, located in the namesake square, in the district "La Loggia". It was built between 1458 and...

Point of interest

Mercato Storico Vucciria

Piazza Caracciolo, 1, Palermo

The Vucciria is a well-known market of Palermo (along with those of Ballarò and Capo). The name probably derives from the French "boucherie": initially, in fact, the...

Point of interest

Mercato di Ballarò

Via Tesauro Francesco Paolo, Palermo

Heart of the Albergheria quarter, Ballarò Market was probably derives its name from Bahlara village, at Monreale, from which at one time came many Arab merchants....

Religious building

Chiesa del Gesù (Casa Professa)

Via Casa Professa, 18, Palermo

Jesus's Church is one of the most important Baroque churches of Palermo and Sicily. After almost two years of restoration, the building was reopened for worship in...

Museum

Palazzo Abatellis

Via Alloro, 6-10, Palermo

Abatellis Palace, in Kalsa district, is headquarters of the Regional Gallery. The building, designed by Matteo Carnilivari the fifteenth century, is a splendid...