Villa Chiericati - Museo Nazionale (Ville palladiane - Sito UNESCO)
The Palazzo Chiericati has been the history home of the civic museum since 1855 and now houses the city's collections of paintings, sculptures and applied arts from the 13th to the 18th centuries. A masterpiece of Palladio's early maturity (1550), the building not only has decorations from that period but also houses important documents on Vicenza's art history, including the set of altarpieces from the destroyed church of S. Bartolomeo by Montagna, Cima da Conegliano, Buonconsiglio, Fogolino and Speranza, and lunettes portraying the Rectors of Vicenza, previously in the Palazzo Pretorio, by Bassano, Maffei and Carpioni.
Masterpieces by Memling, Tintoretto, Veronese, Van Dyck, Giordano and Gian.Battista Tiepolo were donated from private collections in the 19th century.
The Numismatic Room (about 25,000 coins and medals) and the Drawings and Prints Room, which has 33 original drawings by Andrea Palladio, are noteworthy.