Villa is famous for extraordinary frescoes by Giambattista Tiepolo and his son Giandomenico. The nickname "Ai Nani" is due to the 17 stone sculptures of dwarfs, once spread over the park, lined up today on boundary wall. Villa, although still inhabited by aristocratic Valmarana family, is open to the public six days a week. The first building was completed in 1670, in the following years were accompanied a guest house, a barn and several other typical buildings of Venetian villas. In the atrium is represented Sacrifice of Iphigenia, the first room is dedicated to Iliad, follow the halls to Orlando Furioso, Aeneid, and Jerusalem Delivered. The guesthouse has a more modern style, with references to Enlightenment, and scenes of daily life, from the representation of Venetian countryside, to those of the nobility, up to that of distant China.