By Andrea Palladio from about 1566 near the city, it is an innovative suburban villa originally intended for representative functions, but also as a quiet retreat for meditation and study. It is one of the first examples of the application of a central plant in a private building. Each of the four identical facades has a front building with a loggia which leads to the central hall, circular, surmounted by a dome (completed by Scamozzi). Also included are decorative in formal elements destined to suggest a sense of sacredness. Over the rounded top of a small hill next to Monte Berico, its plant is rotated 45 degrees to the cardinal points to allow any room similar sun exposure.