Basilica Palladiana (Sito UNESCO)
Palladian Basilica is a public building that overlooks Piazza dei Signori in Vicenza. Its name is inextricably linked to Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. Once the seat of public magistrates of Vicenza, today Palladian Basilica, with three independent exhibition spaces is home to exhibitions of architecture and art. Since 1994, with other architectures by Palladio in Vicenza, is in the list of UNESCO World Heritage. Since2014 is National Monument of Republic. Built in Gothic style in the mid-fifteenth century as Palazzo della Ragione in its upper floor is entirely occupied by a huge hall without intermediate supports, Council Hall of the fifteenth century. Ambitious coverage of an inverted ship's hull, covered with copper plates, partly raised by large arches, was inspired by the one made in 1306 for Palazzo della Ragione in Padova. Gothic facade cladding was made into diamonds in red marble of Verona and is still visible Palladian's additions.