Museo del vetro di Venezia
Glass Museum of Murano was founded in 1861 as part of Civic Museums Foundation of Venice. Its headquarters are in Palazzo dei Vescovi in Torcello, beautiful flamboyant Gothic building formerly home of Bishop Marco Giustinian. Museum was founded by Abbot Vincenzo Zanetti. Its collection was subject to a reorganization in 1932 with the addition of Correr collections glazing, Cicogna and Molin. Later, the deposits of Archaeological Superintendence enabled it to establish archaeological section, of which the most prestigious elements are glasses from Zara. Today Museum collections, as well as by means of purchases, are increased by donations from the furnaces of the island, which enrich mainly contemporary collection. Museum has recently been restored to house the collections of the twentieth century.