Museo d’arte orientale
The museum was established by Royal Decree n.1934 June 14, 1928 , published in the Official Gazette of August 27, 1928 199 .
The collection is located on the top floor of Ca ' Pesaro , headquarters of the International Gallery of Modern Art , by virtue of the Convention took place in 1925 between the State and the Municipality of Venice ( Notarial Archives of Venice.
Local Registry Acts 1372, vol.441 , repertorio160 apartment number ) .
The museum is housed in one of the most sumptuous Baroque buildings overlooking the Grand Canal. The building , which began on draft Longhena (1598-1682) , in the second half of the seventeenth century , was completed at the beginning of the eighteenth century.
The collection , which is the Museum of Oriental Art is due to Prince Henry of Bourbon , Count of Bardi , and his voyage around the world have been completed between 1887 and 1889.Dai long stays in Indonesia , China and Japan brought Henry of Bourbon thirty pieces that he put on permanent display in Venice at Palazzo Vendramin Calergi . The events that followed the death of the prince, in 1906 , the sale of part of the collection , the first world war ended with the acquisition of the collection by the State for repair war damage . Between 1925 and 1928 the works were realized adaptation of the seat , setting up and the transfer of funding from the Palazzo Vendramin Calergi Ca ' Pesaro .
Since November 2002 , and subsequent renewals , is in effect the agreement between the City of Venice and the Superintendence for the State Museums Veneziano that unifies management and ticketing services cloakroom , a bookshop and a café.