The Public Library of Mestre was established in 1952. Currently, based in Villa Erizzo, in the center of Mestre, a short walk from the main square. The Library's collection consists of more than 100.000 documents from all classes of knowledge. In addition to the collection of a typical public library, it has special collections derived from bequests and deposits of other city institutions (Fund Library of Children "Maria Pezzè-Pascolato"; Fund Municipal Band; Fund Franco Montanari; Verification 8+1 and Fund Giuseppe Ortolani). There is also an extensive multimedia section with special display.