Immagine non disponibile c
Historical building

Palazzo delle prigioni

Castello - Riva degli Schiavoni, Venezia

Since 1563 building designed by G.A. Rusconi to compensate, in part, to the prisons of the Ducal Palace, housed in three rooms at Riva degli Schiavoni, the Lords of the Night ', Criminal judiciary responsible to monitor the customs of people particularly in the nightlife. Construction resumed in 1589 by Antonio da Ponte, was completed by Antonio and David Chapman in 1614.