The Church of the Purgatory's Souls is the seat of the most important rituals of Holy Week. its construction dates back to 1688, designed by Don Pietro Lo Castro, while the facade (1712) is due to the architect Giovanni Biagio Amico, buried in the Church. The facade is divided into two tiers and decorated with twelve statues in stone and stucco, representing the twelve Apostles and Jesus, work by Alberto Orlando. The momentum of the central part, highest, and the movement in the lower order, develop the dynamic effect typical of Baroque architecture. Inside, the plant is a Latin cross with three naves.