Church was built in the second half of the eighteenth century thanks to the Franciscan community arrived in the city a few years after the Saint's death. Between the sixteenth and seventeenth century, Church underwent surgery reconstruction and expansion in late Mannerist style, preserving from old building only the bell tower and the main facade, both damaged by the earthquake in 1693 and rebuilt in its present form. From early Gothic Church remain the portal, with characteristic hook capitals, and the base of the bell tower. The interior, which is accessed by a side door, dates back to the sixteenth century and is divided into three naves by two rows of pillars. The presbytery, completed at the end of '500, is occupied by a large wooden gallery built in 1906 to save the statue of the Immaculate. Convent was built in the early eighteenth century on the ruins of collapsed. Downstairs grim mail the kitchen, dining hall and other common rooms; on the first floor, the monks'cells. The two levels are connected by a grand staircase with a balustrade rich of late Baroque sculptures.