• Follow us
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • instagram
Edificio di culto

Basilica Minore

Via T. Trinchera, 28, Ostuni, (Brindisi) Tempo di lettura: meno di 1 minuto

Minor Basilica of Ostuni, placed at the top of the highest hill, was begun in 1435 and completed in 1495. It has a facade of late Gothic style, divided into three by pilasters: the central part ends with a gable with two arches and a crowning inflected Gothic which extends on the sides; opened by three Gothic portals surmounted by a rose (the central rose window is the second largest in Europe). The interior has a Latin cross with three naves on columns, presents forms eighteenth century, with painted ceiling and Bbaroque chapels. At the end of the left nave is a wooden altar (1734) with busts of Saints Oronzo, Biagio and Augustine. In the apse, there is a chorus in walnut richly carved (seventeenth century), and in the right nave the tomb of Bishop Filo (1720). The Archive chapter has over 200 parchments from 1137.