Religious building

Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli

Corso Martiri della Libertà, ., Brescia

In 1488 the site of primitive sanctuary was inaugurated, consisting of a part of the interior of the church and, above all, the majestic chiseled marble facade, whose execution is attributed to Sanmicheli shop. The interior parts, with elaborate and refined decorative features, are made by Gasparo Cairano. The same sculptor realized the cycle of Apostles for the first dome, interposed in the cycle of Angels by Tamagnino, both delivered in 1489. Throughout the centuries the sanctuary is enriched with works, including a Moretto canvas and the cycle of canvases with Stories of Jesus for the presbytery, painted by a number of Brescian authors including Tommaso Bona and Pier Maria Bagnadore.

Potrebbero interessarti