Religious building

Chiesa del Santissimo Salvatore

Via Stefano Borgia, 7-9, Benevento

The Church of the Holy Saviour presents a plant with three naves separated by a double row of ancient Roman columns of gray granite. Recent archaeological excavations conducted by the Superintendent have confirmed the early Medieval origin of this building. Severely damaged by earthquakes, the Church was restored in 1650 by Giovan Battista Roscio. In 1661 was annexed to the Church of St. Peter at Caballo (now lost), while today the Holy Saviour depends on the parish of St. Sofia. Repeatedly restored and reopened for worship, the Church was returned to the community in 2001, at the end of a major cycle of restorations.

Chiesa del Santissimo Salvatore c

Potrebbero interessarti