Religious building

Chiesa di S. Maria Maggiore in Borgo Vecchio

Via Santa Maria, 7, Avigliana, (Torino)

The Church of St. Mary the Greater, located in the Old Village at the foot of the castle, is currently in Baroque style. Among the antique furnishings: the eighteenth-century pulpit and Baroque paintings depicting the stories of the Old Testament and the Annunciation. It currently houses the Cultural Center "Life and Peace" and the permanent collection of sculptures in bronze and plaster by the artist Elsa Veglio Turino (1921-1986), among which the "Crucifixion" and the "Christ Emptied".

Info:

Sunday and holidays 3:00/7:00 pm. Other days by appointment.

 
 

Avigliana

City

Avigliana is a town and comune (municipality) in the Province of Turin in the Italian region Piedmont, with about 11,000 inhabitants, located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) west of Turin. Avigliana lies in the Susa valley, on the highway going...

Booking.com